Any public transportation ticketing system project has its complexities. Ticketing machines is just one aspect of the project, and it can be a rather complicated aspect of the undertaking. There are so many issues to consider. Here are just a few examples:
- Is there just one transportation company, or do numerous companies need to work together?
- Does the bus or transportation company do the ticketing, or is this done by a third party?
- In what manner and how often do the vehicles need to communicate back to the Depot?
- Is burglary and thievery an issue on the vehicles?
- Will the system be completely cashless?
This is just a small sample of questions that the transportation company, or companies, needs to know.
Transway has vast experience in planning and executing large scale ticketing projects for mass transportation. Transway offers consultation, planning, designing as well as installation, launch and maintenance of the electronic ticketing system.
Transway starts with understanding your ticket management system project and what you want to get from it. We study your current infrastructure, discuss and find out what are the goals and limitations of the project. Transway is able to offer you multiple solutions based on these needs, and ultimately you are able to tailor the solution most appropriate for your mass transit needs.
Transway also makes the project planning much easier. By working with the different building blocks that are found in the Hardware and the Software sections of this web site, we are able to put together a basic project and work out the details regarding servers, security, and the back-end. There is no ‘off the shelf’ project, but Transways's approach allows us to start designing and understanding what is needed very quickly.